As dentists, it is our duty to save the tooth, but at times there’s no option but to extract the tooth.
A tooth extraction, in some words, is pulling or removing a tooth or the remaining fragment of a broken tooth. Thanks to our anesthesiology techniques, you will feel no pain at all.
Baby teeth are extracted for obvious reasons. You need new space for new teeth to grow. However, permanent teeth are supposed to last forever and hence a tooth extraction is used as a last resort when a tooth is beyond repair.
Some of the reasons why we may opt to extract a tooth include:
- A poorly damaged tooth that cannot be repaired.
- A crowded mouth that makes it difficult for the teeth to be properly aligned.
- An infected tooth that may put other teeth at risk.
- Due to gum diseases, which may cause the tooth to get loose.
- It’s a wisdom tooth that’s causing you pain or discomfort.
We always try to save a tooth, but if that is not an option then we may suggest the tooth to be removed. Call us today to schedule an appointment if you think you need an extraction.
We use local anesthesia to make sure you feel no pain during the process. If your pain tolerance is low, you may also opt for sedation dentistry. The process is simple and can be completed in a single sitting. We’ll trim away the bone and gum tissues to uncover the tooth and loosen it with the help of forceps. If a tooth is hard to remove then it may be pulled in pieces but in a single sitting.